9.02.2003

I HATE LABOR DAY

Yesterday of course was Labor Day, a day where no one works in celebration of working…Well, sort of.

Labor Day, in theory is a day of ‘appreciation’ for organized labor, ie unions. That is why Labor Day is (next to Cesar Chavez Day) my least favorite holiday. Sure, I get a day off, but FOR THAT?!?!

So, just as I make it a point every Cesar Chavez Day to lift a glass of red grape juice, every Labor Day I make it a point to shop at stores where employees are non-unionized.

WalMart, Trader Joe’s, the Gap…all great non-unionized places!

Especially this year, in these times of burgeoning recovery, if there’s anything we don’t need are unions forcing companies into the ground.

And that’s just private unions…Don’t even get me started on Public employees unions…GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home